Dream Volunteers is about making dreams possible. We are a 501(c)3 organization that puts 100% of proceeds back into helping the communities we serve. We provide scholarships for local Young Dreamers to attend quality schools and complete their education and financial support for sustainable development projects that are chosen by community leaders (which they then guide and our trip volunteers help execute). We also provide travel scholarships for students who might not otherwise have the financial ability to participate in international service trips which open doors and eyes to the world beyond their home communities. All of these programs are critical to our mission of empowering a global community of future changemakers who will help lead positive change in our world.
We can’t do it alone and are grateful to the many generous supporters who contribute and help fundraise on Dream Volunteers’ behalf. We hope you will join our cause!
start a campaign
- On myDreamFund, you can set up a campaign and raise money to help these communities in need. You will need to set up an account and then can customize a campaign page.
- Set a goal and explain your interest. Tell others about your campaign, share it on social media, or ask people to donate in lieu of a birthday or holiday gift.
- 100% of donations raised will go directly to provide scholarships and supplies for students. You can choose a specific region or program for your contributions.
- You and your donors can track progress against your goal and ensure you reach the target.
host an event
dreammakers hall of fame
have a more creative idea?
You are here because you are a dreamer and dreamers dream. We’d love to hear or help with your ideas. We can connect you with other volunteers and supporters who may have done something similar or who can help you develop your idea. Fundraising can be as big or as simple as you want. Some of our youngest volunteers have asked friends to donate to the cause rather than give them a gift for a birthday celebration. Others have collected small change at school. Many families have opened their homes and their hearts to host festive occasions and venues to share the Dream Volunteers story. We are grateful for all of the support!
Here are some suggestions from our community members. We’d love to hear yours! Please contact us for information or assistance. And don’t forget to share photos of all your efforts. We want to celebrate you.
- Bake Sale or Lemonade Stand
Organize a weekend fundraiser, let people know how the proceeds will help support others!
- Race or Walkathon or other sponsored sporting event
Host a dedicated event or ask sponsors to back you as you take on a challenge ($10 per mile?)
- Crafting party
Collect donated supplies, design some fun crafting projects and ask participants for a “program fee” contribution
- Film night
Bring friends and family together to share in a fun evening and ask for donations in lieu of “tickets”
- Global “Trunk Show”
Host a shopping party selling handmade crafts made by our Young Dreamers or collected from your travels
- Cultural dinner party or fiesta
Create a special event celebrating a culture and community or share highlights from a recent trip and ask friends to donate what they think it’s worth or what they might pay for an evening out